Click on one of the headings below to view related information for regular full-time and part-time Mercer employees.
Mercer employees are eligible for discounted and many times free tickets to cheer on all of our sports teams. For more information, please contact the Athletics department at (478) 301-5220 or email@example.com.
Cell Phone Discount Plans
Mercer has partnered with some carriers to provide employees with discounted pricing on several cellular telephone plans.
Fitness Center (Atlanta campus)
The Sheffield Gym offers employees the use of weight machines, an Olympic sized swimming pool, fitness classes and much more!
Fitness Center (Macon campus)
Full-time employees and their dependents have access to a fully equipped fitness center located at the University Center on the Macon campus at NO charge! Spouses and dependent children (ages 16-26) will need to have an ID made in order to access the fitness center. You will need to complete the application and return to the University Center. Any questions regarding the Fitness Center should be directed to Pam Johnston at ext. 5153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grand Opera House
Discount tickets are available to Mercer employees for many shows and events throughout the year. Season tickets and special show packages may be purchased through payroll deduction.
School of Music Calendar of Events
The Townsend School of Music and the Robert McDuffie Center for Strings present a multitude of events throughout the year, featuring students, faculty, and guest artists. Many of these performances are free and open to the public.
Student Theatre Productions
Mercer Theatre typically has four major student led productions each year with student showcases and other performances at the Tattnal Square Center for the Arts or the Grand Opera House.
Mercer employees have access to discounted prices on computers and software from third-party companies for personal purchases. These purchases are done directly with the companies listed and not through the IT department.
- Address & Emergency Contact Information
- Federal Tax Withholdings (W-4) (send completed form to Payroll)
- State Tax Withholdings (G-4) (send completed form to Payroll)
- Direct Deposit Form (send completed form to Payroll)
Name Change: Please e-mail copy of new social security card showing name change to Anglea Veillon at email@example.com.
Sick/Vacation Leave Balances
- For non-faculty staff and administrators, please go to https://mercerreports.mercer.edu/reports and log in with your Mercer network username and password to access MyPayroll*. Open the MyPayroll folder and click on the Vacation and Sick Leave Hours icon. This will display your vacation and sick leave balances as of the end of the previous pay period. If you are a supervisor, you will see the balances of the employees that report to you either directly or indirectly. Please note that any leave taken during the previous pay period (or leave not yet reported) may not yet be reflected in these balances.
*For security purposes, MyPayroll is available only when connected to the Mercer server and no secure data such as social security numbers, birthdates, or the like can be obtained through this process.
- Faculty should contact their department chair/Dean regarding tracking their vacation leave and to obtain their current leave balance.
The full leave policy is available on the Benefits website.
Timesheets and Leave Reports
Employees are classified as either non-exempt staff, exempt staff or faculty.
- Non-exempt staff must track their time on an hourly basis. While most non-exempt employees are paid on the monthly payroll, some may be paid on the biweekly payroll. For your first timesheet, you will need to print a copy of the appropriate timesheet below to complete. In subsequent months, you will receive a preprinted timesheet via campus mail to your department. Completed timesheets should be sent to the Payroll office per the dates indicated in the pay schedules below. If you have any questions on which timesheet to complete , please contact Human Resources.
- Exempt staff only need to track their time away from work (i.e. vacation, sick, etc.). At the end of each month, exempt staff will report this time through the Leave Report System. It will not be necessary to report any campus wide closings such as holidays and authorized inclement weather days. The Leave Report should be completed, saved, and submitted even if you used no leave during the monthly pay period. Continuous month-to-month leave tracking is required for accrual rollover and eligibility for payout of any accrual at termination. You may access your Leave Report at any time during the month, however, you will only be able to submit it after the month ends. Your Leave Report may be accessed at: https://mercerreports.mercer.edu/reports/report/MyPayroll/LeaveReport. If you do not receive an email with this report in your first month, please print a monthly timesheet from above to record any vacation and sick leave usage and forward to Payroll via campus mail.
- Faculty who are on a 12-month contract should contact their Dean's office for the policy and guidelines on tracking their vacation leave.
MyPayroll is a means by which employees participating in Direct Deposit may view and/or print their pay stub. For security purposes, MyPayroll is available only when connected to the Mercer server and no secure data such as social security numbers, birthdates, or the like can be obtained through this process. To access MyPayroll go to https://mercerreports.mercer.edu/reports and login with your Mercer network username and password. For step-by-step instructions, please click here.
- To access your Mercer email when not on campus, please click here.
- For further information on accessing your email, please access the IT website: http://it.mercer.edu/Faculty/email/email_access.htm
There are many special interest listservs which are open for subscription by Mercer employees and students. To view the full list and to subscribe, please visit the IT website.
Bear Card (Employee ID)
The Bear Card serves as your official employee ID card, but that's not all! In addition, it provides you with library privileges, access to certain areas or buildings on campus and can even be used as a form of payment at specified locations on and off campus if you have previously added funds to your card. For questions about the Bear Card, contact Auxiliary Services.
Maps as well as directions to all of Mercer's campuses can be found here.
The IT department offers several special interest email listservs for employees to exchange information with one another in areas such as carpooling, items for sale, wellness program events, and much more! Employees must subscribe to the particular list(s) of interest via the IT website.
Emergency Preparedness & Emergency Response Resources
The Environmental Health & Safety Office has multiple resources available for emergency responses related to weather, environmental or other safety issues. Mercer Police has also provided additional safety and emergency preparedness resources on their website.
Frequently Called Numbers
While the online directory is a great resource for finding contact information for university employees and departments, we have collected some of the more frequently called numbers in this quick list.
Giving to Mercer
Whether you make a gift to The Mercer Fund, give to an online crowdfunding campaign, or give through Phonathon, there are a variety of ways employees can get involved in supporting Mercer.
The General University Libraries offer services to faculty and staff on the Atlanta and Macon campus as well as the Douglas and Henry Regional Academic Centers, while the Medical Library provides services on the Macon, Savannah and Columbus campuses.
Mail and Shipping Services
The Mail Services Centers on the Macon and Atlanta campuses provide USPS services such as First Class, Priority, Express, International (air only), Insured, Certified, Registered, Business Reply, and Standard or bulk mailings. For information on location and hours of operation, please visit their website.
All Mercer employees should have a Mercer parking decal for their vehicles. Parking decals are available at the Mercer Police department on the Macon or Atlanta campuses. Please visit the Mercer Police website for additional information and a map of parking locations on the Macon campus.
Someone in your department or college/school will submit a request with Mercer's IT department to set up your IT related access and notify you once that process has been completed. You can explore available technology resources on the IT website.
Where to Eat on Campus
Mercer's campuses have some great places to eat whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. Employees even have the opportunity to sign up for discounted meal plans that make paying for your meal as easy as the tap of your Bear Card! Please visit the Macon and Atlanta dining websites for locations and hours of operation.